Terms and Conditions
Medbook Group Limited is a limited liability company incorporated and with its offices within the Republic of Kenya (hereinafter called “Medbook”) which expression shall where the context so admits include its successors in title and permitted assigns. Medbook, on behalf of itself and its affiliates/group companies, is the author and publisher of the internet resource www.medbookafrica.com and the mobile application ‘MediApp’ (together, “Website”). Medbook owns and operates the services provided through the Website.
Nature and Applicability of Terms
The Agreement applies to you whether you are –
- A medical practitioner or health care provider (whether an individual professional or an organization) or similar institution wishing to be listed, or already listed, on the Website, including designated, authorized associates of such practitioners or institutions (“Practitioner(s)”, “you” or “User”); or
- A patient, his/her representatives or affiliates, searching for Practitioners through the Website (“End-User”, “you” or “User”); or
- Otherwise a user of the Website (“you” or “User”). This Agreement applies to those services made available by Medbook on the Website (“Services”), including the following:
- For Practitioners: Listing of Practitioners and their profiles and contact details, to be made available to the other Users and visitors to the Website; telemedicine services.
- For other Users: Facility to (i) create and maintain ‘Health Accounts’, (ii) search for Practitioners by name, specialty, and geographical area, or any other criteria that may be developed and made available by Medbook, (iii) to make appointments with Practitioners and (iv) telemedicine services.
The Services may change from time to time, at the sole discretion of Medbook, and the Agreement will apply to your visit to and your use of the Website to avail the Service, as well as to all information provided by you on the Website at any given point in time.
We reserve the right to modify or terminate any portion of the Agreement for any reason and at any time, and such modifications shall be informed to you in writing. You should read the Agreement at regular intervals. Your use of the Website following any such modification constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the Agreement so modified.
You acknowledge that you will be bound by this Agreement for availing any of the Services offered by us. If you do not agree with any part of the Agreement, please do not use the Website or avail any Services.
Your access to use of the Website and the Services will be solely at the discretion of Medbook.
Conditions of Use
You must be 18 years of age or older to register, use the Services, or visit or use the Website in any manner. By registering, visiting and using the Website or accepting this Agreement, you represent and warrant to Medbook that you are 18 years of age or older, and that you have the right, authority and capacity to use the Website and the Services available through the Website, and agree to and abide by this Agreement.
Book Appointment and Telemedicine Facility
Medbook enables Users to connect with Practitioners through two methods: a) Book facility that allows Users book an appointment through the Website; b) Telemedicine services which connect Users directly to the Practitioners.